2021 Boys and Girls Cross Country
Coach David J Morgan
Work #: 727 774 7392
Cell #:727 858 4216
Thank you for your interest in participating on the Cross Country team. Parents, it is important that your son or daughter attend all regular season practices and as much preseason conditioning as possible. Please contact me as soon as possible if they will not be attending. A simple text message is fine.
The best way for me to get messages out to all the team members is using a program called “Remind”. Athletes and parents should sign up to receive text or email alerts from me. To register for these alerts simply text @rrxc2021 to the following phone # 81010. All athletes must have a current physical, participation and consent/release forms to include the COVID Waiver form turned in to me before you can participate in practice.
River Ridge Cross Country 2021 “Return to Play” Plan/Guidance
Coach Responsibilities and Daily Expectations:
- Mandatory reporting of signs/symptoms for any student. Such students should be quarantined and sent home with parent or guardian…Rather be safe than sorry.
- Do not allow students to “hang around” after sessions end.
Daily Expectations for Students:
- If you feel sick, feverish, or short of breath before workouts, do NOT come to School. Notify coaches and healthcare provider immediately.
- If you become ill or feel ‘sick’ while in our care, remove yourself from activity and notify coach..
- NO physical contact with teammates or coaches. Runners should maintain the recommended 6 feet of distancing between individuals.
- Athletes will wear their masks to and after practice.
- There should be no shared athletic equipment (towels, clothing, shoes, etc…) between students.
- Clothing and towels should be washed and cleaned after every workout.
- Bring a Water Bottle and Towel –there will no sharing of towels or community water bottles provided. The water fountains will be OFF-LIMITS…you will be sent home if you do not have water!
- Bring Tennis Shoes and Proper Running Clothes…cannot run without a shirt or just in sports bra
- Have a positive and patient attitude to improve daily
- Athletes must be in all 6 periods to practice or play
Daily Expectations/Responsibilities of Parents;
- Make sure your child has all their athletic forms prior to participating in any school organized conditioning and/or practices…Physical, Liability forms, notarized doc, etc..
- If your child feels sick, feverish, or short of breath before workouts, do not allow them to come…notify coach and healthcare professional.
- Please ensure your child is on time and picked up immediately at the end of practice. Parents are not allowed to watch practice or pick up their athlete at the practice field.
- Please do not congregate with other parents on school premises while your child is involved in activities….your safety is also our concern.
- If you notice any changes in your child’s health, please let us know immediately.
Conditioning starts May 10 from 2:30-3:45+/- @ RRHS track…Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays
Summer Conditioning: Mon, Wed, Thurs from 10:00AM-11:15AM+/- at RRHS track
- Other locations may be utilized, but they will be put out on remind
- Cancelled or changes to practices will be put out on remind
Season Starts Aug 2. Mon-Friday 2-4:30 @ RRHS Track. All forms due!
Parent Meeting: TBD
Athletic participation fee: NLT Sept 8 $70 Mandatory
- Please pay on line in acorn if possible, I will take a check if needed
- Uniform Jersey (only if they want to keep) $35 +/- Opt.
- Boys/Girls shorts, Plain black Purchase your own Mandatory
- Sponsor T-shirt $15+/- Encouraged
- Warm ups jacket/sweats? $40+/- Opt
Students will be required to provide their own transportation to almost all meets…annotated on the schedule. We will ensure all athletes have rides (carpool etc) the day before the meet.
The primary fund raiser is sponsorships on the Cross Country Sponsor T-shirt. Funds will be used to cover race entry fee and possibly assist with t-shirt and warm ups. We also sell sponsor banners that can be displayed at the football field or gymnasium if interested.
Varsity, JV Determination
The top 7 boys and girls will normally run Varsity and the remaining will run JV…Varsity boys are expected to run under 22 minutes and Girls Varsity under 30 minutes. We will use prior race times and/or qualification races at school to determine who runs the following races.
Meet schedule is still a work in progress. Meets are usually held on Saturday mornings. Bussing is normally only provided to district meets. Runners are expected to stay at the meet through the awards presentations.
2021 Boys and Girls Cross Country
Class 3A – Region R3 – District D5
(T) 8/14 Gulf High School Jamboree XC, Showtime 7:00 AM, @ Gulf High School Campus 5355 School Road, New Port Richey, Fl 34652 Girls 8:00, Boys 8:30
(T) 8/28 Whispering Pines Invitational. Showtime 7:00AM, @ Whispering Pines Park, 1700 Forest Dr. Inverness, FL 34453 GV- 8:00, BV- 8:30, GJV- 9:00, BJV- 9:45
(T) 9/4 Zack Lucas, Showtime 7:00AM, @ McKathan Park, Brookville, Coaches meeting at 7:30. GV 8:00, BV 8:40. JV races after Varsity.
9/11 Seffner Christian Invitational, Showtime 7:00AM Holloway Park, 2402 Holloway Park Dr Lakeland (buses and vans), 3050 Lakeland Highlands Rd Lakeland (fans). Parking $10 Per Vehicle (not including buses and team vans) Cars transporting athletes will not be charged fee. Race Schedule: 7:30 Elite Boys, 7:50 Elite Girls, 8:15 Open Boys, 8:35 Open Girls, 9:00 JV Boys, 9:25 JV Girls
(T) 9/18 Mitchell Invitational, Showtime 7:00AM, @ Starkey Park, 7:38 coaches meeting, GV 8:00, BV 8:35, BJV 9:05, GJV 9:07
(T) 9/25 River Ridge Meet
10/9 Keppel Invitational, Showtime 7:00AM, @ Crews Lake Park, 16739 Crews Lake Dr, Spring Hill, 7:40 coaches meeting, GV 8:00, BV 8:35, BJV 9:10, GJV 9:15, Awards 10:20
(TBD) Sunshine Athletic Conference West
(TBD) District (Boys and Girls varsity only)
(TBD) FHSAA CROSS COUNTRY CLASS 3A – REGION – 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS Details TBD, Holloway Park, Lakeland FL (Boys and Girls varsity only)
(TBD) States, Apalachee Regional Park (Tallahassee)
(TBD) To Be Determined