2020 Boys and Girls Cross Country
Coach David J Morgan
Work #: 727 774 7392
Cell #: 727 858 4216
Thank you for your interest in participating on the Cross Country team. Parents, it is important that your son or daughter attend all regular season practices and as much preseason conditioning as possible. Please contact me as soon as possible if they will not be attending. A simple text message is fine.
Communication – The best way for me to get messages out to all the team members is using a program called “Remind”. Athletes and parents should sign up to receive text or email alerts from me. To register for these alerts simply text @rrxc2020 to the following phone # 81010. All athletes must have a current physical, participation and consent/release forms to include the Covid Waiver form turned in to me before you can participate in practice.
River Ridge Cross Country 2020 “Return to Play” Plan/Guidance – Official practice starts on Aug 24 per the FHSAA and district. 1st Competition after Sept 8
NFHS Guideline for opening up High School Athletics – Any person with positive symptoms will not be permitted to take part in training sessions and should contact his or her primary care provider or other appropriate health-care professional
Coach Responsibilities and Daily Expectations:
Mandatory reporting of signs/symptoms for any student. Such students should be quarantined and sent home with parent or guardian…Rather be safe than sorry.
- Ensure that social distancing is maintained at all times…
- Do not allow students to “hang around” after sessions end.
- Adhere to CDC social distancing at all times. If you must violate the required distance for an emergency situation, you MUST wear a mask.
Daily Expectations for Students:
- If you feel sick, feverish, or short of breath before workouts, do NOT come to School. Notify coaches and healthcare provider immediately.
- If you become ill or feel ‘sick’ while in our care, remove yourself from activity and notify coach..
- NO physical contact with teammates or coaches. Runners should maintain the recommended 6 feet of distancing between individuals.
- Athletes will wear their masks to and after practice.
- There should be no shared athletic equipment (towels, clothing, shoes, etc…) between students.
- Clothing and towels should be washed and cleaned after every workout.
- Bring a Water Bottle and Towel –there will no sharing of towels or community water bottles provided. The water fountains will be OFF-LIMITS…you will be sent home if you do not have water!
- Bring Tennis Shoes and Proper Running Clothes…cannot run without a shirt or just in sports bra
- Have a positive and patient attitude to improve daily
- Athletes must be in all 6 periods to practice or play
Daily Expectations/Responsibilities of Parents;
- Make sure your child has all their athletic forms prior to participating in any school organized conditioning and/or practices…Physical, Liability forms, notarized doc, etc..
- If your child feels sick, feverish, or short of breath before workouts, do not allow them to come…notify coach and healthcare professional.
- Please ensure your child is on time and picked up immediately at the end of practice. Parents are not allowed to watch practice or pick up their athlete at the practice field.
- Please do not congregate with other parents on school premises while your child is involved in activities….your safety is also our concern.
- If you notice any changes in your child’s health, please let us know immediately.
Season Starts Aug 24. Mon-Friday 2-4:30 @ RRHS Track. All forms due!
Parent Meeting: Tuesday, Aug 25, 6:00 PM, Zoom mtg, invite will be on remind
Athletic participation fee: NLT Sept 8 $70 Mandatory
- Please pay on line in acorn if possible, I will take a check if needed
Uniform Jersey (only if they want to keep) $35 +/- Opt.
Boys/Girls shorts, Plain black Purchase your own Mandatory
Sponsor T-shirt $15+/- Encouraged
Warm ups jacket/sweats? $40+/- Opt
Transportation – Students will be required to provide their own transportation to almost all meets…annotated on the schedule. We will ensure all athletes have rides (carpool etc) the day before the meet.
Fund Raising – The primary fund raiser is sponsorships on the Cross Country Sponsor T-shirt. Funds will be used to cover race entry fee and possibly assist with t-shirt and warm ups. We also sell sponsor banners that can be displayed at the football field or gymnasium if interested.
Varsity, JV Determination – The top 7 boys and girls will normally run Varsity and the remaining will run JV…Varsity boys are expected to run under 2 2minutes and Girls Varsity under 30 minutes. We will use prior race times and/or qualification races at school to determine who runs the following races.
Meet schedule is still a work in progress due to recent FHSAA and Pasco School District changes. Meets are usually held on Saturday mornings. Bussing is only provided to district meets. Runners are expected to stay at the meet through the awards presentations.
2020 Boys and Girls Cross Country
Class 3A – Region R3 – District D11
Postponed/Canx 8/15 Gulf High School Jamboree XC, Showtime 7:00 AM, @ Gulf High School Campus
5355 School Road, New Port Richey, Fl 34652 Girls 8:00, Boys 8:30
Postponed/Canx 8/22 Whispering Pines Invitational. Showtime 7:00AM, @ Whispering Pines Park, 1700 Forest Dr. Inverness, FL 34453 GV- 8:00, BV- 8:30, GJV- 9:00, BJV- 9:45
Postponed/Canx 8/29 Lecanto Invitational, Showtime 7:00AM, @ Lecanto High School, GV – 8:00, BV – 8:35, BJV 9:05, GJV 9:35
Postponed/Canx 9/5 Zack Lucas, Showtime 7:00AM, @ McKathan Park, Brookville, Coaches meeting at 7:30. GV 8:00, BV 8:40. JV races after Varsity.
9/12 Dunedin Invite, Showtime 6:30AM, @ Hammock Park, Dunedin, GV 7:30, BV 8:18, JV 9:00
9/19 Mitchell Invitational, Showtime 7:00AM, @ Starkey Park, 7:38 coaches meeting, GV 8:00, BV 8:35, BJV 9:05, GJV 9:07
9/26 River Ridge Invitational, 8AM Girls, 8:45 Boys. Expected Schools: Fivay, Gulf, Bishop McLaughlin HS, River Ridge
10/3 Keppel Invitational, Showtime 7:00AM, @ Crews Lake Park, 16739 Crews Lake Dr, Spring Hill, 7:40 coaches meeting, GV 8:00, BV 8:35, BJV 9:10, GJV 9:15, Awards 10:20
10/10, Meet at Fivay HS, Showtime 7:15 @ Fivay HS, enter off Canton, Boys 8:00 AM, Girls 8:45
10/12 18th annual 3 x 1 Mile Cross Country Carnival and 4 x 400m Doughnut Relay. Showtime 4:00PM @ Gulf High School, Girls 3 x 1 Mile – 5:00pm, Boys 3 x 1 Mile – 5:30pm Coed 3 x 1 Mile – 6:00pm (Must contain 1 member of the opposite gender.) Coed 4 x 400m Doughnut Relay – 6:30pm
10/17 “Off Weekend”
10/22 Sunshine Athletic Conference West Showtime 3:00 PM @ River Ridge Stadium, Coaches meeting 4:00, JV Boys/Girls at 4:30, Girls Varsity at 5:15 and Boys Varsity at 6
(T) 10/28 District, Location TBD, but RRHS likely 4:00 coaches meeting, GV 5:00, BV 5:35, (Boys and Girls varsity only)
(T) 11/7 FHSAA CROSS COUNTRY CLASS 3A – REGION – 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS Details TBD, Holloway Park, Lakeland FL (Boys and Girls varsity only)
(T) 11/14 States, Apalachee Regional Park (Tallahassee)
(TBD) To Be Determined