WELCOME TO THE INFORMATION PAGE
OF THE CLASS OF 2020
STUDENT COUNCIL OFFICERS
President – Marc Flores
Secretary – Theresa Smith
Historian – Alanna Yeo
Representatives – Autumn Bowman, Haneen Hassan
SENIORS – KEEP IN TOUCH – As many of you will have classes off campus throughout the day, the responsibility falls on YOU to stay updated on your Class of 2020 information. Bookmark/follow these for your important info:
- TWITTER – @rrhsknights and @RRHSRoyalty2020
- FACEBOOK – facebook.com/rrhsknights
- INSTAGRAM – @riverridgeknights
- SNAPCHAT – rrhsknighttime and mrswalter123
- REMIND – text @672ec4 to 81010
- YOUTUBE – youtube.com/RRHSRoyalKnights
Senior Portraits will be available on campus again this year for seniors who only wish to have a yearbook headshot taken. Should students wish for a full senior photo package with additional poses they can still book through giganteproductions.com Headshots for the yearbook will be offered from the second week of school through November 15th for just a $5 sitting fee. Prints will be available for purchase through Gigante (instructions will be provided).
The on campus option is meant to maximize convenience for students. If a senior takes a headshot for the yearbook on campus they may also still book a full personality package at Gigante after December if they wish.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- COMPLETE THIS SHORT FORM BEFORE YOU ATTEND
- Cost is just $5 (exact change or check)
- Boys – shirt, tie and tux jacket are provided, a basic WHITE t-shirt to wear under that will make things easier
- Girls – black drape is provided – it is MUCH more convenient if you wear a tank top
- BE ON TIME
- BOOK EARLY – we cannot fit everyone in the final days…
Appointments are to be made in person with Mr. Carlson in 1-115, and run from 7:15-2:25 each day. Students should NOT book times that take them out of classes.
SENIOR PARENT PRESENTATION
Mrs. Peterson (Career and College Counselor) conducted a presentation for senior parents at Open House. If you were unable to attend here are the materials – The PowerPoint Overview and the Additional Materials.
Scheduled College Rep Visits – All presentations are during period 7 in Media
- 9/13 FAU
- 9/17 Saint Leo
- 9/19 UCF
- 9/20 USF
- 9/25 UF
- 10/24 University of Tampa
For parents wishing to include Senior Dedications in the yearbook you will be able to access the form here once we return to school.
SENIOR FEES = $90
Senior Fee Discount: Pay your fees at RRHS Registration on August 1st or August 6th, or through ACORN before August 11th at a discounted rate of $80.
Senior Fees DO NOT INCLUDE A CAP and GOWN purchase. You must purchase this separate through the Herff Jones company – there will be an assembly Aug 28th with all the ordering information.
They can be paid via ACORN, and we will accept a check, cash, or CCARD. Senior Fees must be paid by May 1st. If fees are not paid, you will not be permitted to go to the senior breakfast. Please see Mr. Bruno (senior class administrator) or Mrs. Walter (senior class sponsor) if you have any questions or concerns with student fees or anything else related to the 2019-2020 graduation.
Senior Fees cover the following senior class expenses:
- Rental facilities at USF
- Graduation diplomas, printing, covers
- Graduation programs
- Laude cords
- Class gift to school
- Senior Breakfast
- Val/Sal/President gifts and medallions
- Senior Class Scholarships
- Graduation kits
Please note, senior year is EXPENSIVE, with numerous costs for River Ridge senior activities, college applications and other regular life expenses. Here is a link to a general list of costs (obviously these vary per person) – you’ll notice that if you pay early for things such as senior fees, yearbook, homecoming or prom tickets, etc, you’ll save money. These are general idea of expenses, not exact details.
A much more detailed calendar will be forthcoming, but some key dates that are set:
- Introductory Senior Meeting with Herff-Jones – August 28th
- Homecoming – September 28th
- Prom – May 9th @ Innisbrook
- Senior Breakfast – May 22nd
- Graduation – June 4th at Yuengling Center